Eligibility & Enrollment
Quality health care should be available to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. That is why:
- We accept medical coupons and most types of insurance.
- Patients without insurance may be eligible for public insurance like Medicaid or for discounted services.
- We have specialists at all of our clinics who help eligible patients sign up for insurance.
- For patients who are not eligible for coupons or insurance, we offer a sliding fee discount.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact one of the eligibility staff below.
- Abigail Pico - 45th Street Medical & Dental Clinic - 206-548-2908 - Speaks English, Spanish
- Jennifer Steeves - 45th Street Medical & Dental Clinic - 206-548-2903 - Speaks English, Spanish
- Sam Yoophum - Greenwood Medical Clinic - 206-782-8660 x 118 - Speaks Laotian, Mandarin, Thai, English
- Zemen Kidanu - High Point Medical & Dental Clinic - 206-548-7406 - Speaks Amharic, Tigrigna, Arabic, English
- Rhonda Buchanan - Pike Market Medical Clinic - 206-548-3256 - Speaks English
- Israel Rubinos - Rainier Beach Medical Clinic - 206-722-8444 x 119 - Somali, English
- Julio Foucaultt - Rainier Beach Medical Clinic - 206-722-8444 x 131 - Speaks English, Spanish
- Monica Villalobos-Beltran - Rainier Park Medical Clinic - 206-461-6957 ext. 103 - Speaks English, Spanish
- Jesus Bervis – Neighborcare Health Administrative Office - 206-548-3019 - Speaks English, Spanish
You may be eligible for one of these programs or discounts described below.
Healthy Options: Healthy Options is the Washington state-managed Medicaid program for low-income residents that provides comprehensive medical benefits to families, children under 19 and pregnant women who meet income requirements.
Apple Health (Children’s Health Insurance Program): Similar to Healthy Options, Apple Health provides coverage to children under 19 whose family income level is between 200 and 250 % of the state poverty level.
ChildrenFirst: Under Community Health Plan of Washington’s (CHP) Children First program, families who get comprehensive prenatal care and well-child checkups are eligible to receive free rewards. A free car seat reward is available to pregnant CHP members who get comprehensive prenatal care. Free booster seats, bike helmets, backpacks, or children’s books are available to families who get their children well-child checkups and immunizations. For more details, click here.
Basic Health (BHP): Basic Health is a Washington state-subsidized plan that provides medical benefits to any qualifying resident. Clients pay premiums on a sliding scale based on income, age, family size and choice of health program. Applications to this program are no longer being accepted and there is a state-wide waiting list.
Medicare Advantage: Medicare Advantage plans are health plan options approved by Medicare and run by organizations like Community Health Plan. Sometimes called “Part C,” these plans include coverage for preventive care benefits and deductibles, as well as co-pays for inpatient hospital care, office visits, urgent and emergency care, and alternative medicine. Some plans also have dental coverage and/or prescription drug coverage. To enroll in this program, our eligibility specialist can arrange to have a Medicare specialist meet with you or you can call a CHP Medicare specialist directly at 1-800-944-1247.
TAKE CHARGE Family Planning Services: TAKE CHARGE provides free birth control and family planning services for men and women who do not have insurance that covers family planning services. Teens may apply without their parent’s involvement. To enroll in this program, the following documentation is needed: birth certificate or passport or complete citizenship declaration form; 30 days current (most recent) income verification. If zero income, please provide a verification letter of support from the person providing money or shelter for you.
Neighborcare Health Sliding Scale: Sliding Scale is a variable discount for medical and dental services Neighborcare Health provides based on ability to pay determined by a patient’s annual income and family size. To qualify for a sliding scale discount, patients must first determine if they are eligible for any public insurance program (Healthy Options, BHP, etc.).
Neighborcare Health OB/Maternity Discount: Neighborcare Health OB/Maternity Discount is available for pregnant patients who do not qualify for Healthy Options. PREGNANCY MUST BE VERIFIED BY DOCTOR AND INCLUDE DUE DATE. If zero income, please provide a verification letter of support from the person providing money or shelter for you.